Taking ADvantage – Content is Key
Ads should be simple, eye-catching and filled with benefit-rich words that elicit emotion.
1. Make the headline compelling and highlight a specific benefit to the reader. Remember, it’s always about them and not you.
2. Make statements that are believable.
3. Track your advertising to determine what works and what doesn’t. Ask people how they found you when they call.
4. Make sure your contact information is sufficient in the ad; include phone number, email and web site addresses.
5. Use visuals – but not the same ones everyone else uses. Think outside the box. For instance:
- In addition to putting your dramatic before & after shots in ads, if you offer staging services, think about a photo of you, the listing agent and the sellers in front of a Sold sign.
- Use testimonials from clients with a photo of them in their newly redesigned or staged room.
- Include an action shot of you redesigning or staging a room in the ad or flyer.
Sample Ad #1:
What A Difference A Day Makes!
Interior Arrangement and One-Day Room Makeover Services
Within a day (your name), owner of (your company), will transform a room in your home or office from ordinary to extraordinary using your existing furnishings, artwork and accessories. There is no need to buy anything new!
CALL ________________ at __________________
Sample Ad #2:
Revolutionizing the Way People Decorate Their Homes!
In just one day, (your company) can give any room in your home a new and revitalized look using your existing furnishings, artwork and accessories. There is no need to buy anything! This unique process of rearranging a room’s existing contents works whether your furnishings are old or new, you have a little or a lot, all one style, or an eclectic mix.
It is the perfect solution for anyone who:
- likes their furnishings, but wants something different
- is confused about how to pull a room together
- would like a room to be more spacious, warm and inviting
- doesn’t feel their home reflects who they really are
CALL (your name), (your company) at (phone number)
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT (web address)
“Stopping your advertising to save money is like stopping the clock to save time. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.” - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“Advertising isn’t a science. It’s persuasion. And persuasion is an art.” - William Bernbach
“Advertising says to people, ‘Here’s what I’ve got. Here’s what it will do for you. Here’s how to get it.’” - Leo Burnett
Visit www.facebook.com/TheStagingTrainer and please, ‘Like’ me!